Tuesday, July 31, 2012


July 30, 2012
Well it sounds like life in the US has been very eventful this week.
  
First of all, Brittney and family, I am really sorry to hear about Bo. He was a really good dog; I had a lot of fun with him and will definitely miss not seeing him. I am excited to hear that you have another dog. If possible I'd love to see pictures and what's its name?

Mom and Dad that's way awesome that you got to meet Sister Behrndt. She was a really good missionary and very nice. There are a number of German sister missionaries who get called to the Temple Square mission, but there are usually some visa issues they have to go through before they go and so instead of postponing their mission they usually send them to our mission to work until their visa comes. Because we have sister missionaries in Munich, they usually put the German sister missionaries with them as a third companion. The Munich sisters are in my district so that's how I got to meet Sister Behrndt for the 6 weeks she was here before she went to Utah. Actually we have another sister from our district from Switzerland who got her visa last week and is going tomorrow to Utah. Sister Roffler will be in Temple Square too in a few weeks after the MTC.

Mom, if you could send me the original SD card for now that would be great, thank you.

So this week was a bit slower because I got a really bad cold and Elder Young was having stomach problems (it may have been from the cookie cake we made a week earlier when we accidently put an extra cup of sugar into something already filled with too much sugar, oops). We called Sister Covertson, the mission nurse, and got everything taken care of so now we are back to working really hard. Before we got sick though we had a really good lesson with Familie Bobi before they left to Serbia, one of the most spiritual I've had with them. They are basically what you might call dehydrated members; they are totally converted, just add baptisimal water. After the lesson they expressed their concerns about Serbia and how bad and dangerous the area around their town is and so they asked if Elder Young and I would give them priesthood blessings before they left. Elder Young did the kids and I did Bobi and Vesna and the spirit was very powerful there.

Also, before we got sick, we had a Leadership Training meeting in Munich. It wasn't really a leadership training meeting rather a Zone Conference because everyone was invited in the zone and President Miles didn't speak on anything relating to leadership positions, but I love zone conferences so I'm not complaining at all. More than half of the Munich zone was changed after this last transfer which is strange because in this mission, missionaries don't get transferred from their areas to often. I did get to meet Elder Stapleton's last companion Elder Hyatt, who was really cool and we had a lot to talk about. I still have not seen Elder Stapleton yet.

Because Sister Pingree and I are the only remaining members of our original district, most of them haven't done the fun things we have such as Dachau, Neuschwanstein, Eagle's Nest, etc. and they all want to do that, so the next few P-Days are going to be us going back to some these places. Today is Dachau and we have take a train in a few minutes so I have to go but I love you all and I appreciate everything you do for me. I am grateful for all of your prayers. I know that this is the Lord's work, great miracles happen every day.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment