Monday, October 1, 2012

Pile of Greatness! Oct. 1, 2012


Pile of Greatness

Servus zusammen! October 1, 2012

Thank you all so much for the wonderful birthday you helped me have! It is really a crazy thought to think that I am now twenty. I remember looking up to people at this age and thinking wow, they are very mature, big, wise. Well, I am not sure how mature or wise I am, and I definitely don't feel tall working with Elder Root, but hopefully that might come throughout this next year. I received most all of the packages on the 27th before my birthday. Apparently the mailman didn't want to take all of the packages back to the post office so when we weren't there to answer the door he just left them and so we came back that night to find a pile of greatness waiting for me and Elder Root (yes I did share). Well these last two weeks I have been having some stomach problems and two Thursdays ago and on Friday it got to the point that I had to stay inside. However, with a bucket by my side, Elder Root and I still made it a really good birthday. We ended up being able to listen through the CDs that you sent and I got to read in some of the books. Overall, I felt really loved from all of your birthday wishes and support and I am very grateful that I have such an amazing family and friends.

As far as the work goes, we are making baby steps to success. Elder Root and I were able to give out our first Book or Mormon out as a companionship (the first Elder Root has been able to give out in St. Pölten) last Saturday and we are hoping to meet with the guy this week. We are spending typically 7 hours a day  just finding, which is our whole day after you take away meals, studies, and Elder Root's training program. However, even though we haven't had a whole lot of success in the sense of progressing the work right there and then, we can tell we are being really blessed. The Lord seems to bless us with all the energy we need and we just feel happy and accomplished in how much work we have put in. However, I do think we will be able to see some big things coming this way for St. Pölten. I really believe so.

Would you believe me if I told you that I broke the Word of Wisdom on my mission? We went to a members house to do some service and she had us for lunch. Her husband is a non member. They have a grape harvest in their backyard and they use it to make a lot of grape juice. The thing is you have to be careful that you don't let grape juice become fermented which is what her husband likes to do. She meant to pour us some regular grape juice and after a big sip, Elder Root and I realized there was something funny with it. She tried some, and then realized she accidentally got her husbands grape juice. Oops. As long as we didn't drink it from there on we're ok, right?

I got a call this week from the Mission Secretary telling me that I am supposed to get a Drivers Liscense. I have no idea what's going to happen with that, but I will keep you updated.

Well I have to go, but I love you all. Thank you for supporting me so much on my mission and during this time with my birthday. This was a particularly good week and next week when were not rushed to go to Wien (Vienna).  I'll be able to tell you more of what's been going on. Love you all.

Elder Bodily

No comments:

Post a Comment