Monday, October 15, 2012

New companion Elder Chapman from San Diego CA area.



Servus Zusammen!  October 15, 2012

This Wednesday we went to Munich and got to meet my new companion. His name is Elder Chapman and he is from San Diego, California; well more specifically Valley Center, CA but it's not too far from San Diego. When we went into the trainer trainee dinner I had a really strong feeling that I would probably be companions with him before President Miles announced where everyone was going so that was a confirmation for me that we were supposed to be companions. He comes from a family of 12 siblings, no joke. He didn't have any German experience before the mission so it's all pretty new to him, but he is going to get along just fine. I can tell he is a hard worker. 

So the night before transfers Elder Root and I got the call that because of some visa difficulties in Ravensburg, Elder Root was going to go to Ellwangen instead which is right outside of Stuttgart. He is going to be working ironically enough with the Elder Chapman who came with my group into the mission field and went to Timpanogos with me. Even though I was only one transfer with Elder Root we became really good friends and I am going to miss him a lot, but I also know he is going to have a lot of fun with the other Elder Chapman. 

Before we took the train back from Munich to St. Pölten there was a group of missionaries on the train station at Munich and all of my companions that I have had so far were there, except Elder Field. It was really cool to see them all together.

As for the work this week there was not too much new, but I think Elder Chapman is what the ward needs so we will start seeing some great things take place here soon. 

Madi, Anneliese, Amanda, Cameron, and Bryson, you are the only ones I've heard of so far with turning in (or close to) your mission papers. I am really excited for you all and I hope everything goes well. 

Mom and Dad, tell Brother Olsen thank you so much for the picture of Neuschwanstein for me, but I will also try to get a letter to through to him.

I am sorry I kind of have to hurry because we have a lot to do for Elder Chapman today where he is new and we were running late on getting to emails anyway, but I am going to try to send a couple pictures here off my camera and then send my memory card home for the rest. Quick question mom, I got the new memory card you sent me but did you also send the one with my pictures on it back to me? Just curious, it might come today however.

I love you all and I appreciate everything so much that you do for me. I hope all is well.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment