Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Stupendous Senior Couple!

February 4, 2013
Servus Zusammen!

Well this week was a pretty busy week, but first of all transfer calls are this Friday, so I can't tell you till next email who my next companion will be (if E. Zimmerman gets transferred), but I am not going anywhere. I'll be staying in Stuttgart for a little while because with only a few exceptions President Miles leaves Zone Leaders in their area for at least 6 months. Elder Zimmerman is coming up to the end of his 6 so it is possible that he stays, but likely that he goes. I'll let you know next week.

This last week we did an austausch with the district leader and his companion in Tübingen. I was with the DL's companion in Tübingen, which is a really pretty city, from Tuesday to Wednesday. This particular missionary is one that you hear a lot of crazy weird stories about from other missionaries, but I ended up learning a lot from him. We were in his area, but he wasn't ready to lead out so he would ask me what we should do. We went by on a couple of potential investigators, who ended up not being home, and then when we got to this one city that was on the boundaries between Tübingen and Stuttgart ward boundaries I simple told him to pick a street that he had a good feeling about and we would go dooring. After three houses we found some people who told us to come by again in two days at a certain time. After I told him to pick another street on the map, we went there and within four houses found another potential investigator family. This happened about 4 more times in a half hour (which is so good with finding since it rarely ever happens). Eventually we got let into a house of a young married couple who were super excited to meet us and we had an awesome lesson with them that lead them to want to meet with us two to three times a week once they get back from their trip in England. This missionary I worked with was not necessarily the most skilled   missionary, but when it came to listening to the Holy ghost as to where to go he was the master of that. It was a great lesson for me.

Later that week we went up to Munich for our monthly Zone Leader council with President Miles. Again it was really good and spiritual, but we also got a lot more specifics on the logistics of all the new missionaries coming in. All I can say is that mission presidents around the world are going to be super busy with a lot of stuff to take care of for the next few months. After that I had an austausch in Munich with one of the APs, Elder Sullivan (we do austauschs with the APs once a transfer). I also learned a ton from that experience with him, specifically how to keep yourself being a diligent missionary. It was a lot of fun with him and gained a lot of respect for how much he does. APs really have no time, and they do a lot more than I would be capable of. Because the APs apartment is in the mission office we got to do some of our studies in the offices. One of them being the office that President Miles had his transfer chart in and so I got to have a sneak peak at that (I wasn't breaking any rules), but Elder Zimmerman was in the undecided zone so I still have no idea what will happen come Friday. Anyways after our austausch I took a train back to Stuttgart. Because of how much the APs have to do, on austausches with them zone leaders are allowed to ride the trains back to their areas without a companion to save travel time. All I can say is that it was really weird waiting at the Munich train station for an hour and half (because the train was delayed) and two hours in the train alone. I don't know what I will do when I get back home!

Today for P-Day we had a zone p-day here in Stuttgart. We had a surprise party for Sister Benson's birthday, who her and Elder Benson are a senior couple that work as well here in Stuttgart in the German ward with us. Stuttgart zone is the only zone that has only one senior couple so that not only do they do their own missionary work, but they have to inspect and issue repairs for all missionary apartments in the zone as well as a lot of other stuff. On top of that they both do a ton for Elder Zimmerman and I and the International Elders as well. They deserved something big so we made a huge lunch (or rather the sister missionaries in our zone did) and then we had a talent show afterwards and then just played games all in our church house.It was a lot of fun and I think they enjoyed it. 

There is a lot happening this week. There should be a lot to tell about next email. I hope all is well and that everything is going fine. Love you lots.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment