Monday, January 21, 2013

The field is white in more ways than one!


January 21, 2013
Well everyone can you believe it? I have been out over a year now.

It's crazy to think that a year ago I was entering the MTC. There has been so much that has happened both here and at home. From here things are on the downhill and it already seems like it's going a little too quickly. I can tell I have been out a year though because I ran a hole into one of my shoes. I'll probably get an extra pair here soon since walking around in the snow with a hole in the bottom of your shoe isn't the best. Thank goodness for the shoe coverings that mom sent.

Well this was an eventful week. On Tuesday we had a Zone training meeting. This is where we meet with our zone and talk to them about the business that President Miles speaks to us about at zone leader council. It was quite fun and I got to lead the meeting. I got to see Elder Root again since he is in my zone. He is already training; he is in the same transfer that I was in when I trained him but I feel like that went by way to fast. It just means that I already have a mission grandson.

The day after we had an austausch with the elders in Ulm. Elder Buntain is the district leader of that district and I got to work with him in Stuttgart. He was really good friends with Elder Field back home in England and so that's how I got to know him and we've been friends throughout our missions but it was fun to actually work with him. It was one of the funnest austausches I had had so far. Afterwards we took a train back to Ulm to switch back but mine and Elder Zimmerman's train back was delayed for about an hour and a half so we decided to go eat and then go look at the worlds tallest cathedral (the Münster cathedral) which was a 5 minute walk from the Ulm Bahnhof.

Our mission was getting new sim cards for the phones of all of the Germany missionaries because of problems in the past. Because of this we had to write down all of our contact list numbers and then transfer them over when we got the new cards. Elder Zimmerman and I decided to make the most of it and we called all the numbers in our phone of people who we didn't recognize. Through it we made out 4 appointments for this week and found about 11 others who said they would love to meet we just needed to call next week when they figure out their schedule. It's not too often that you find 15 potential investigators in one week let alone one day so the next day when we were supposed to make our weekly call to President Miles we told him about the success that we saw and told us that we should tell the rest of our zone to do the same and that he would call the Munich zone leaders to tell their zone to do the same. We already had an appointment with one of these people who it turned out happened to have a baptisimal date about 3 years ago and then moved and things got busy and lost contact with the missionaries. He is going to Hamburg for about 3 weeks to 3 months next week so we might not have contact with him for awhile but we at least had a good lesson and we reestablished that contact between the missionaries and him.

I have some really cool news. Liz, the lady who moved from Vienna to St. Pölten with the Hirschman family for about two and a half weeks then back to Vienna on her own who I got to teach for a little bit in that time is getting baptized in two weeks in Vienna. In Rosenheim there was a family from Nigeria that Elder Field and I found who had 5 kids named Familie Ojo. We taught them twice but then they kind of disappeared and we weren't able to find them again. Well now they are also getting baptized in the coming weeks. They had moved back to Rosenheim and found the missionaries and worked out a baptisimal date. Also, a girl named Tatijana who Elder Young and I found in my last week in Rosenheim is getting baptized this week. I didn't do that much with these people but it is so cool to see the blessings that are coming their way. It's a really happy feeling. The last I heard Familie Bobi in Rosenheim is still working as hard as ever to overcome word of wisdom challenges so that they can get baptized. Because of some health issues that she has it is hard for her to overcome addictions, but it was great to hear that they hadn't given up.

I am glad you got the package as well as the letters. Let Amber know that I will try and find her something that is unbreakable and send it to her later. Thanks for scheduling the appointment for BYU mom.  Well that's probably about it for this week. This was the first week that I missed church since they cancelled it because the roads here were too icy. They don't have that many snow plows here so if it snows a lot then it is a little more difficult to travel around. I hope you are all doing well.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment