Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Did the next best thing and held up our Book of Mormon


November 19, 2012
Servus Zusammen!

Congratulations to Madi, Anneliese, Erica, Amanda, and Bryson who all got their mission calls this week. I am way excited for you and I think you are all going to be absolutely amazing missionaries. Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina again, and Italy. Sounds great!

Please let Bishop Rife know that he is in my prayers and that I am hoping for the best and the spirit of comfort to be with him and his family.

I am glad Kaitlyn had a good homecoming talk/birthday.

I got the SD card this week as well as the envelope with Dad's mission bible notes. Thank you so much. 

I don't have a whole lot of time because we are having a zone p-day today and we have to get going here soon, but the important news is that we got transfer calls this Friday and Elder Chapman and I will be here in St. Pölten another transfer as I finish up his training. The transfer goes until New Years time so I will be here for Christmas. It will be nice to have a ward I know for the holidays and I've heard Vienna looks amazing during December so we will have to spend a couple P-days there (not that we don't do that already).

I am excited that I am still in St. Pölten another transfer. It might be hard, but I like the ward members we have here a lot, I like my district, and I think some great things will come this way. Since transfer calls I've been blessed by the Lord with more hope, and I want to make this my most personal successful transfer so far, regardless of what happens with the work. What was also quite a blessing is this weekend we ended up getting invited to eat with a lot of different members (when I say a lot, I mean a lot for St. Pölten ward, but still really nice). They didn't know about transfer calls and when I told them I was staying they all got excited. Then they  asked me if I was glad I was staying. I told them yes and they told me they were glad I was too and that I wasn't scared off yet. They then began to tell me that for the last 6 or 7 years St. Pölten has been a fight for the missionaries. They don't know why, but the work here has been extremely hard. They said that only about 4-5 missionaries in this time have been here for 3 transfers or more because it had been too hard for them otherwise. They mentioned they have had a lot of missionaries being trained here . I was just really grateful that I had been one of those who had shown my appreciation to the ward for being here. One of the members, Bruder Schildböck, told me that Elder Harmer (Jake's dad) was one of the best missionaries he had seen here and that I reminded him being like E. Harmer, which was really nice.


I had a great austausch with Elder Moon this week in Wien. It was awesome to actually teach lessons. We committed one of the investigators to baptism and it was possibly one of the best lessons I've had on my mission so far. It's great to know that the spirit can always make a lesson good and that even if you haven't taught for a while one's teaching abilities don't get too rusty. During the austausch we went to the airport and picked up Elder Moon and Elder Bassets new companion Elder Kombar who is from Switzerland, and is serving here for a couple of weeks until he gets his visa for America to go to the MTC and then serve in Wisconsin. Elder Moon and I felt like AP's as we sat there waiting to pick him up and introduce him to everything. There were a lot of people at the Wien airport and we didn't know what the new missionary looked like (and he didn't have a name tag yet, so we couldn't pick him out). However, there were a lot of people at the gate holding papers with the names of the people that they were waiting on, so we took that idea and did the next best thing and held up our Books of Mormon hoping that he would see them and recognize us. It worked! 

As far as Liz, she lives pretty far away from St. Pölten itself so it has been hard to schedule a time that we could meet with her since her and the family she is living with are still going through the moving process, but she comes to church each week which is splendid. We have big hopes for her.

I hope all is well this week. Thank you for all the support. I love you all and hopefully I'll have more time next week to explain what I have been up to. Once again I am way excited for all of the new missionaries!

I am happy that I am here on a mission. I love you guys so much.

Elder Bodily
Gott Sei Mit Euch Bis Aufs Wiedersehen


No comments:

Post a Comment