Monday, September 24, 2012

Guitar Birthday card too much fun! Sept 24, 2012



 September 24, 2012

Servus Y'all!  Guitar Birthday card too much fun!

First of all, Mom and Dad thank you for the guitar birthday card. I got that three days ago and had maybe a little too much fun with it. We don't get mail on Sundays or Saturdays here and so anything that would have come then usually comes on Tuesday. If it makes you feel better Mom I have gotten a letter from you and from Madi that both said Trauson strasse (without the t) instead of Trautson strasse so I think anything sent under Trauston strasse should get to me. I am also glad you got the package I sent. I sent that before I left Rosenheim so I figured it should have come soon. As for the CD that you sent back in July it arrived in July but it showed up in this Postzoll (I don't know what it translates to in English) that we had to go to retrieve it from because they had some questions about the contents. It's not a problem, it happened before in Rosenheim, but the difference is last time they sent to a Postzoll in Rosenheim whereas with the CD in July they sent it to this Postzoll in a city we had to ride our bikes an hour to get to and so we had to wait till P-Day, but by that time they said they would already send it back. There shouldn't be any problems here though. I don't think Austrians are as suspicious about other people's mail as Germans are.

Thank you everyone though for the birthday wishes, that means a lot to me. It is really hard to believe I am turning twenty this Friday. I am as old as Brittney when she got married and Amber when she moved out of the house and that's just a strange thought to me. Thinking back on my 19th birthday last year  doesn't seem that long ago at all. The time really does  go by quickly on the mission. I am already over a third of the way done with my mission. My hope is that I can continue to make the rest of the time just as great as it has been so far.

Well at this point I have just about everything taken care of for my Police record and getting me registered legally in Austria. I won't actually get the police record until this transfer is over with because they have to do all of the important business stuff with it before they get to me. Speaking of which there is only this week and next week left in this transfer. That has to be the fastest transfer I've been through yet (well I guess I'll have to wait until it's over to really say that), but it really has gone by way fast.

This last week we had an Austausch with the Zone Leaders and so Elder Root went up a couple of days to Vienna and Elder Cox came back with me to St. Pölten. However, we accidently got on the one train during the day that went in the direction of St. Pölten without stopping there. Instead we went to a city called Linz which was an extra hour and a half pass St. Pölten on the train. Then we had to take a train from there back to St. Pölten for another hour and half. I have just had a lot of train time this transfer. However, after the missed train we did have a fun Austausch. If Elder Stapleton had been a Zone Leader just one more transfer we would have been working in St. Pölten for a couple of days together. But I have been able to see him a couple times since I got to the Vienna Zone.

On Wednesday we had a lot of problems with our shower drain. It was spewing out the food that went down our kitchen sink so we had to go to the store and get some stuff to take care. Let's just say it wasn't one of the most fun things I've ever had to deal with, but we got it taken care of finally. On Thursday Elder Root and I got really sick. We think it had to do with cleaning the shower drain somehow. However, we got better the next day and we're able to work again. On Sunday we had Stake Conference and so the night before Elder Root and I went up to Wien to stay the night with Elder Bassett and Elder Moon so that we could get there on time the next morning. In Austria they have two stakes which are the Wien and the Salzburg stakes. The Wien stake is pretty much all of eastern Austria so all 5 of the Wien wards plus the St. Pölten, Wiener neustadt, Bruck, and Graz wards/branches.

For the most part this week we didn't get a lot of time to actually work, because we were either taking wrong trains, fighting showers, dealing with some ward issues, being in Wien, being sick, etc. So we are really hoping to make this next week one of our most productive weeks yet. Elder Root is doing well. He understands German very well for someone who has been in the mission only as long as he has and he is very easy to work with.

Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes and support this week. There are just a few more things before I need to go:  Elder Braden Nickle you are in my prayers.  I hope doctors figure out soon what's going on so they can take care of it.   Buddy I heard you did really well with fishing. Good job bud and maybe we can go with your Dad sometime when I get back.  Well I should probably get going, but I hope you are all doing well. I love you a lot and I hope that this next week is really good.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment