Monday, September 10, 2012

No, that was not a mistake Sep.t 10, 2012



 Well it's been a great week this week in Rosenheim...

No, that was not a mistake. I said Rosenheim, not St. Pölten. Just to add more confusion I'm actually in Vienna right now.

Story Time: You have to register and unregister whenever you move cities in Germany and Austria. If you move to Austria you have to have a police record from the last country you lived in. When I unregistered from Germany, the lady in the office was either new or didn't know what she was doing because when we asked how we could get a police record she said I had to get it from a website after the unregistering process went through. Well, I got to Austria and went to the website that the lady gave me on my P day. I got to the website and it said specifically on it, "You cannot get a Police Record from the internet" in German of course. Just to make sure I didn't read anything wrong, my ward mission leader and I went through to find out what we needed to do so that I could get the record in order to legally register in Austria. After searching on the website we found out I needed to go back to Germany in order to get it from the Rosenheim registration place, because that's where I last lived. I talked with President Miles and we received permission to go Thursday back to Rosenheim and stay the night with Elder Young and Elder Gochnour because the register place was only open from 7-10 in the morning. (Just by the way it was incredibly fun to be with Elder Young again and be together as a foursome). Friday morning we went to the register place and talked with a different lady. That lady was not entirely sure as to what I had to do being in my current situation, so she gave me a phone number to call. The problem was that the call center didn't open until 3. So we had to spend a day working in Rosenheim with the Elders there again. I called the place and they referred me to a different website to know what to do. We went to the website and found out that I have to be reregistered in Germany before I can get the police record again, but by this time the place was closed and wouldn't open until Monday morning. Because it takes four hours to ride from Rosenheim to St Pölten, we had to stay the night again, but we talked to President Miles and the Mission secretary as to what we should do. We got it arranged so that Elder Young and I could sign a paper where he would have permission to reregister and unregister me in Rosenheim. So Saturday at noon we headed back to St Pölten and today Elder Young is registering me in Rosenheim so that in 2 weeks (which is the time required for this process) I can come back to Rosenheim and apply for a police record so that I can register in Austria legally. Then after that Elder Young can unregister me after a couple of days. It was a very complicated process, but it was a fun journey nonetheless. The good news is, is that I am registered Germany so if by some chance I do get in trouble with Austria, all they will do is just ship me back to Rosenheim. It was great to see Rosenheim and Elder Young again through all of this. All of this should be taken care of pretty easily now.

Funny side note, I had to ride 5 hours to get from Munich to St Pölten when I first got here; we then had to ride 8 hours from Rosenheim and back last week. I will have to take another 8 hours for the journey in two weeks. Also the week after that I have to take 10 hours to go to Munich and back for a District Leaders counsel that they hold every 4 months (I was lucky enough to go to one of these). Plus we have to spend 2 hours going to Vienna and back every Tuesday, and an additional 2 hours for my austauschs with the rest of my district and the Zone leaders. I am getting a lot of train miles for just one transfer.

As far as the work goes, we were able to find Elder Root his first investigator and he had his first appointment after 7 and a half weeks in St Pölten.

Today we are having a P day in Vienna with Elder Bassett and Moon and then staying the night for a Zone leader training counsel that we have tomorrow here. Which we actually have to go here pretty soon.

Before that I just wanted to say that I am very happy the reception went well for Amber. I am sure it was fantastic. Also, what is my blog address? Another quick question, first of all thank you so much for getting me Bishop Rife's book; I was wondering if when you send it if you could also get me Gordon B Hinckley's book "Stand a Little Taller"? That would be fantastic. I am going to be sending pictures from last transfer home this week. Also Dad, I was wondering if you could send me some information about your mission: for example which cities you served in and how long, what some of your companions were like, some of your interesting experiences and good stories, etc. I wanted to learn even more about your experience. 

Thank you so much for everything you have all done for me. I really appreciate all of your support. I love you all and I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to be here.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen 


No comments:

Post a Comment