Monday, August 13, 2012


August 13, 2012
Wow, it rained like crazy!

Well I'd like to start off with apologizing about how I missed emails last week. We went to Neuschwanstein as a district and it started raining like crazy. Because of the rain it caused an accident that prevented the buses from getting to us for over two hours so we couldn't get back to the train station until much later and then it threw off our Train schedule and we didn't get home until much later because we had to go to Munich first to drop off the other district members because they were riding on our ticket. It was a mess so sorry about that.

However, a lot has happened on your end. First of all, congratulations Amber on becoming engaged! That is really wonderful news and I am so happy for you. Rolf sounds like a great guy and perfect for you. That really just makes me happy to hear. I wanted to ask, what are his kids names?

Happy Birthday to Dad and Jake this week. It sounds like you had a very fun birthday Dad and Jake it sounds like you gave a great farewell talk. You are going to be a fantastic missionary helping people in Brazil and I am excited for what is going to come for you. The mission truly is the best thing ever.

Thank you Bekah and Buddy for you card with the picture of Rocky. I really enjoyed it and I am glad you love your new puppy. He will be way fun to have around. Speaking of dogs, good job Jovi for making it through the surgery.

I really feel bad because I missed last week and I have to keep this week short, but next week I am pretty free on P-Day and so I promise I will write a lot more. However, a couple of things that happened this week that were interesting: First Elder Field randomly showed up in Rosenheim again. He was on his way to the Young Single Adults convention in Vienna and he stopped by Rosenheim and had dinner with us at the Jentzsh's. It was really good to see him again and we had a lot of fun. Second I got to give my second talk here in Rosenheim (and neither Elder Field or Elder Young had/has given one yet). It was a really cool experience though because I wrote my talk beforehand and I had planned on going with it, but then when I got up to the pulpit the spirit prompted me to not use it so I didn't. Whether it was a good talk or not it was nonetheless a really good experience for me because one it allowed me to see how far my German has come along and that I was able to give a talk on whatever came to my mind without having to prepare it beforehand and two it was just a really great twenty minute experience to be led by the spirit as to what to say. I had been praying hard to learn how to become more reliant on the Holy Ghost and that was the best experience for it as that was what I was able to switch my topic to and what better way than to learn by example. I was very grateful for that opportunity and I was also really proud because I never looked at the clock, and by the time I finished and we had sung and prayed it was12 o' clock exactly, right when we needed to end.

I am so grateful for all of your support and everything that you have all done for me. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lord and I have had such wonderful testimony building experiences. I love you all and wish you all a wonderful week.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment