Tuesday, March 20, 2012

 Last email from MTC!  Leaves Tuesday morning for Germany!
Guten Morgan! 
     Mom, the Pizza Factory breadsticks were a huge hit! I get packages right before dinner, and I didn't open it until we got back to class. They we're all gone within the hour. Bruder Hill, our teacher, I think had like three of them. It was really enjoyable.
     This last week we got our New German Missionaries. They came three weeks later then they were originally scheduled because they are on the new pilot program where they are only here for 6 weeks instead of 9. This means that we won't get to know them as well as we knew the German Missionaries before us, but it was still great to see them come in before we leave. In this new batch there are 9 Elders and 3 Sisters going to Berlin, 4 Elders and 4 Sisters going to Frankfurt, and 1 Elder going to Alpine. Ya just 1. The Alpine Mission wasn't represented very well in this new group. Hopefully, there will be a lot more in the next group. They called Elder Miles and Elder Gibson (Frankfurt) to replace Elder Davies and I as Zone Leaders and Elder Leuning (Berlin) and Elder Helbig (Alpine) to replace Elder Divver and Elder Guiccione as the 2 District Leaders. Pictures are hopefully coming.
     On Sunday I got to give my first Priesthood blessing. Sister Holmstead and Sister Sprouse wanted to have a comfort blessing from some of the Elders in our district before we went to Germany. Sister Holmstead asked Elder Divver and Sister Sprouse asked me. It was an incredible experience for me. I had no idea what I should say, but fortunately as is the way with Priesthood blessings, The Holy Ghost prompted me what to say. A lot of the things I said at the time were ideas I would have never thought of. It just goes to show that it's not a blessing from man, but from God and that he will direct his servants as to what to say and do. I know that the blessing I gave was what Heavenly Father wanted for her, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to use the Priesthood and be an instrument for God.
     Well, before I go I just want to say how excited I am for Germany and Austria (and maybe eventually, though probably not, Switzerland). I know that I am about to embark on the Lord's great work for man. I've really enjoyed my stay here in the MTC. I know it has a bad reputation sometimes, but I can honestly say it was such a great experience. I had so much fun making new friends, learning more about the Gospel, having incredible experiences, and I have a lot of great memories to take with me from here. However, I know that the MTC is nothing compared to the field. I am so excited to go out and help people come unto Christ and bring them eternal joy. I know that this Church is true. I know that we are children of God, our Heavenly Father. That he sent his Son, our Brother, Jesus Christ into the world that he might sacrifice himself for our sins, sufferings, pains, sicknesses, and all other afflictions that we might repent and through his grace, live in exaltation. I know He died for us and then rose to live again; that we too can all live again in immortality and that we can live together with our family and friends in everlasting joy. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis auf wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment