Monday, May 21, 2012


 May 21, 2012

So this week was really awesome.

Familie Bobi has committed to Baptism!

They understand how important the Baptism is so they didn't want to rush into the decision without really thinking over it and understanding what it means for them, but on Thursday night they called us and told us that they had decided to be baptized. We have scheduled June 30th as their baptismal date because we will need a few weeks to really help them out with the Word of Wisdom, but after that there shouldn't be anything preventing them from it. They are very happy with their decision and so are we. The ward here did really well with giving them support on Sunday. They have told us that they don't want their neighbors or Bobi's parents (who live close by) to know until after a year or so because they know they would really try to discourage them from their decision and they don't want to deal with that right now but rather just enjoy their decision to be baptized in the true church of Christ. However, they said they have no shame in being members of this church and they know that they are going down the true path of Christ. Elder Field will have gone home by the time their baptism comes around so they asked me to baptize them both. I am super excited for them, so filled with joy, and so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given Elder Field and I to find them and show them the true gospel of Jesus Christ. We couldn't have done it without direction from Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost. Keep Bobi and Evisha Adejelikovic in your prayers.

As far as other appointments for this week, they all went rather well. We already have this next week all filled with appointments. Rosenheim is starting to really shine. We have this investigator named Frau Grenkl who has been really open with us and though she says she doesn't want to leave her faith, she has told us she really likes our message and our church a lot more. We also had an two appointments with this man named Bruno. He is completely Bayerisch but thinks he is American because he hates Europe. He is very outspoken and our first appointment with him he spent about 15 minutes telling Elder Field about how stupid and awful English people were. Not only that but he wouldn't really let us speak. We wanted to drop him right away but he said he wanted to read in the Book of Mormon so we decided to give him one more appointment to follow up on his reading. When we came back we found out he had read rather far and had a lot of good questions which we were able to answer. He also found real interest in that our church believes in being with our spouse together forever instead of death do us part. His wife died a few years ago and he liked the idea he could see her again. He is still outspoken and hard to teach because he likes to go off on random tangents but he definitely made a huge improvement since the last time we taught him. Overall the work is going well right now.

Other news, I bought my Lederhosen today. I will be sending pictures here soon. 

Elder Field is not sure yet, but most likely it will be June 26 that he will be Orem. He will keep in contact with you through email Mom and Dad to clarify all things, but if that day still works for him to stay over that would be great. I might be dead by the end of this week though because of Elder Field. He has decided he wants to run the London Marathon next April so he wants to step up our running in the morning. I'll let you know if my legs still work by the end of the week. Besides the fact that I might be running a lot more than I'd like in the next two weeks, I will still miss Elder Fields when he goes home (release date June 10).  He has been an awesome companion and we have had a lot of fun together. He has taught me a lot and has been really easy to get along with. I am 2 for 2 with amazing companions between him and Elder Davies.

In regards to all things German, FC Bayern surprisingly lost in the Eurocup final (or the Superbowl of European soccer), but I still have one more chance next year for them to win it while I'm on my mission. And FC Bayern will have more players than any other German club team on the Germany National team which will win that tournament this summer. Something about being in Europe just gets you excited about Soccer even though I had nothing to do with it before my mission. Also, I think I am turning German in the fact that mineral water doesn't phase me anymore. Tell Brother Olsen I will be fine to try it again sometime at his house when I get back.

Well I hope all is going great for everybody, I love you all and I am so grateful for your support in everything. I am so glad I am on my Mission for I can really feel Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love stronger than ever. I know this church is true. I know that through Jesus Christ we can have everlasting joy and for that I'll always be in debt. I am so glad I can show him my gratitude through my time and work here in Germany. I hope all goes well.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen



No comments:

Post a Comment