Monday, April 23, 2012


April 23 - Hello Once Again!

So this email actually has to be kind of short because I spent the whole day at Schloß Neuschwanstein. Our district went together along with 3 members from our ward -Thomas Lübke (who has been amazing at helping Elder Field and I with joint-teaches) and Bruder and Schwester Jentzsch (he returned 2 years ago from the London South Mission which is where Elder Field lives). We had a blast at Neuschwanstein. Our district is full of really great missionaries who know how to have a good time. I would describe the castle as the German Hogwarts. Unfortunately, there was a little bit of construction on the back side of the castle (who would have thought) but it didn't really distract because it was neither too large nor stood out in the areas where you could take pictures. I can now say I have visited possibly the most famous castle in the world.

We received our transfer calls this week and as Elder Field and I expected, we will be staying together in Rosenheim. Our district is actually all staying together as well. 

This week has been really great. We had a number of appointments and accomplished a lot with visiting less active members and doing assignments that the Bishop required. We still do not know yet if Mohammed and Ali need to go back to Italy, but for now no news is good news. Familie Bobi is so incredible. Every time we have a lesson with them the spirit is so strong. I feel they have been prepared for this gospel and the Lord has given us such an incredible opportunity to teach them.

This week we were at the mission home for Mission President interviews and I picked up a number of letters and Dear Elders plus a couple packages. Kristy, I finally got your package that you apparently sent to me in the MTC. I don't know why it took so long, but thank you. Also, I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that Krisy (my dad's sister) had been in Rosenheim before. I now have a witness to agree with me when I say that it is gorgeous here.

Mom, thank you for having your own holiday so I can call home on the 13th. The plan at this point is I will probably use Skype at Bruder and Schwester Jentzsch's house. I will tell you specifics next week.

I have to go, but I love you all.

Elder Bodily
Gott sei mit euch bis aufs wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment